Thursday, October 2, 2014

More on Starting.

Well, just like starting over and taking responsibility for finances, I've had to do that for my health and wellness too.  One of my children was injured recently.  The child will likely be fine with a little time and some work.  It made me take a look at my own life and health.

...so I started exercising again.  I have to admit that I have missed it.  I also have to admit that I'm ready to do it now.  I had to reach that point, but I don't like starting over.  I used to exercise about two hours a day.  Then, as life fell apart, I became pretty sedentary.  I didn't like that either, but some days, well, one is just satisfied breathing.

I've moved furniture and brought out my weights, yoga mat and other exercise toys.  I went through my dvd collection to see where I wanted to start, and more importantly, where I could realistically start.  I've started at the beginning.  I'm going low weights and sticking with basics.  I've given myself two weeks to stay at this level.  Then I'll add a bit more, go a little heavier and reevaluate again.  I'll progress from there until I am back to the level of strength I want.

I've also accepted that as much as I want to lose some weight, I'm not really ready to go the extra distance to change my eating habits right now.  So, I am willing to accept that I can improve my health through exercise and eating a little less for the moment.  It is a starting point.  It will propel me to the place where I will want to begin clean eating again.  For now, I'm thankful I have a starting point on this topic.

I am glad I found a starting point on the financial topic.  I am surprised at how much I've accomplished in about 2 months.  This sense of accomplishment and the one that will come from exercising will also spur me on to accomplish more.  Starting points are nice because they mean the journey has, in fact, begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment