Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall is Coming

I love the change of seasons, although the change from summer to fall usually comes too soon for me.  This year is no exception.  According to the records, the temperature is a bit chilly for this time of year.  I agree with the records. 

I didn't feel great today.  The scene was set for making soup and bread today due to the the cool temperature and a need for some rest.  By the end of the day, I felt much better and wasn't feeling let down that another fall might be rushing in.  Yes, it is going to get colder and I probably won't be thrilled with that, but for now there are things to look forward to: bonfires and the wonderful smell that comes with them, toasted marshmallows, savory slow cooker meals, leaves changing colors, the view of the city from a hilltop as the colors come into full peak, sneaking in a few more beautiful warm days and going for walks with Lovely.  We all like different things.  Lovely helps me appreciate cold weather.

I hope you had a beautiful today and wish you a great tomorrow.  Take some deep breaths and enjoy the moments as they come.    

No comments:

Post a Comment