Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thinking About What I Don't Do...Another Step Toward Wisdom, I Hope

As I've begun to analyze my motive for things I do or want to do, I've started to think about the things that I don't do.  What are my reasons?  Is it fear?  Lack of faith or trust?  Selfishness?    Maybe its just poor planning on my part that holds me back from some things.  

I'm finding that I may be holding myself back from things because I don't want to face the unknown or come out of my comfort zone.  One example that keeps coming to mind, and I still have time to ponder this decision is a possible trip next year.  At first, I thought I'd love to go.  Then I pondered the finances and while I figured it would be tight, I thought I could potentially swing the expense.  The climate will be hot and humid with the potential for many mosquitoes. 

Recently I spent a little time walking pup in the woods on a hot and humid day.  After about 20 minutes I thought, I hate this!  I decided considering the trip was dumb.  I'd be miserable for the whole week and instead of helping people, I'd be bringing folks down. 

...while I still have not decided what to do, I have decided to revisit the topic and look at all of it again.  Can I handle the expense?  How will it affect my family?  Will it make a difference in the lives of others and my own?  Yes, it is worth looking into.  I don't want to say no to a potentially amazing experience that could benefit others because I don't like mosquitoes and being hot...it seems that might be a little selfish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment