Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Accepting Help Is Ok!

I'm kind of stubborn sometimes.  Ok, lets be brutally honest.  I'm pretty set in my ways and stubborn most of the time.  I generally love to be the one who is saying, "what can I do for you?" I find it humbling and annoying to be the one who needs help.  I especially didn't like it when I was TOTALLY BROKEN, but at least then I knew I needed it!  I was, and still am, so grateful for those who were and are there for me!!!

Something I realized over the last few weeks is that being able to accept help is a really good thing, even when you don't feel like you should have to.  I have a new job.  Yesterday, I felt like I was sinking.  I found the courage to actually ask for help and stand quietly hoping someone would offer.  I have to say, it was both awful and freeing.  I don't like that I needed help.  I want to be competent at my job.  Who doesn't?  ...but, knowing that the others were there and so willing to give it, well, that is just awesome!!!  So, it is ok to receive!  Remember how good it feels and don't forget to offer a helping hand the next time you can.  Someone may love you a little more for it!  :-)  ...and think of the joy the other person will get when helping you.  Giving and receiving is a two way street.  I think life was designed that way to keep us in balance.


Copyright
If you copy this, please be fair and respectful of my work by posting a link so that others may know your source.  If I knowingly quote someone, I will do my best to share the source.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment