Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Best Gifts

During this Christmas season we can easily get caught up in "things" we want and don't have.  It can be rather frustrating.  I realized that a friend of mine gave me one of the best gifts possible.  When asking me if there was something I wanted for Christmas, I told her I had all I wanted or needed.  It was then that I realized she had given me one of the best possible gifts...contentment!  Thank you for that!!!

...now to continue with that I need to stay away from stores, advertising and the web showing me eye candy of future clutter.

The other gift we can all receive is Jesus.  He came down from heaven to save us.  He gave us His love, His word and His life.  Thank you, Jesus, for being THE BEST GIFT ever and for all eternity.  He only asks that we believe in Him and ask His forgiveness.  I do believe it is that simple.

John 3:16  (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.    

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment